Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tiny Brains is the 'Pinky and the Brain' puzzle game that never was

Tiny Brains is the Pinky and Brain multiplayer game that never was
Tiny Brains didn't exist seven months ago - hell, Spearhead Games, the developer of Tiny Brains, didn't exist seven months ago. The studio was founded in December by a trio of AAA deserters, including Dead Space 3 Game Designer Malik Boukhira and Assassin's Creed 3 Design Director Simon Darveau, and by E3 this year they had a stylish, playable next-gen game on the show floor.

Tiny Brains is due out on Steam, PSN and XBLA this fall, with a launch on PS4 to follow. It's a lot for one brand new studio to handle, but Darveau tells me he has the passion to make it happen - and it has to happen now.

"I really believe that a revolution is coming and that the future will belong to those guys who know how to create new types of experiences," Darveau says. "It was a very difficult choice for me to quit, because I was in a stable position and I was successful, but I felt like if I didn't do this I would miss the train. Something is happening right now, something huge, and it's only the beginning, I'm convinced of that."

And after some time playing it, I think Tiny Brains could be part of "something huge."

Continue reading Tiny Brains is the 'Pinky and the Brain' puzzle game that never was

JoystiqTiny Brains is the 'Pinky and the Brain' puzzle game that never was originally appeared on Joystiq on Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment